Wednesday 30 April 2014

New carving & Beltain Festival


A new carving based on the tower of Barad-dur, the dark tower from the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It's still to be neatened up and oiled and it will probably left as a tooled finish. I still have to get the hang of carving though as I had a fair few problems on this attempt. Some of the fundamentals aren't quite there yet I don't think. All good experience.

I'll be attending Beltain, the grandest festival of the year at Butser Ancient Farm. I figured since I've helped quite a bit in the preparation for the festival and the actual building of the Wicker Man, I'd go as a paying customer and just enjoy it. I'll post pictures of the day afterward.

Edit:



And here's the finished version. I hope you all like it.
(19th May 2014)

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment