Saturday 14 December 2013

THWoodsman Blog

Hello, you've reached my blog. Here I'll attempt to document my progress in Bushcraft/camping skills, keep a log of my travels and share my thoughts on the natural world in general.

I occasionally post video logs and also maintain an Imgur account of my voluntary work at Butser Ancient Farm.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUM4bQ-yWYy50PN0hqmO3Q/videos

http://dorthonion.imgur.com/all/

I also have a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Oakenwise

This year began by my producing a website in tribute to the ancient past and primitive living. I decided to take said website down as I felt I didn't know enough about the subject to be writing articles for it. Twelve months later here I am writing for a new blog, "THWoodsman".

2013 has been a long year...

In Scotland I started volunteering at Yellowcraig Park on the East coast of Scotland and learnt a lot, covered a fair amount of the Highlands in several trips when I still lived in that land, met Ray Mears in Edinburgh, and attended my first Bushcraft meet at the Scottish borders. Then I moved down here to Hamsphire and started volunteering at Butser Ancient Farm and I continue to gain new experiences every week. That's not even including the actual progress I've made in Bushcraft firelighting, woodcraft and knowledge of trees... I'm not going to attempt to write a chronologically accurate list of all the things I've done this year as it'd be too much work. So let's hope 2014 is as eventful.

Thanks,

Taylor Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment