Monday 24 July 2017

Update: Plants & Insects (obviously)

Hello, no one in particular.

I haven't written in a while, but I thought I should just to keep the record straight.

Last month me and my brother took a long awaited trip the Highlands. The video says it all (2 parts due to an video error).




I'm continuing to develop a fascination for insects (I may have a dissertation idea related to entomology/decomposition), but I've also really become interested in anatomy as reflected by the many drawings I've done and a recent sculpture I just completed. On the study front, I recently finished the books Why People Need Plants & The Wisdom of Trees and have bought a little insect guide for future reference. So it's all going good there. Just waiting for year 2 of the BSc to come around. And big news, just this minute found out about a website called In Defense of Plants, a website/blog run by a PhD student in ecology. He also happens to run a 100+ episode podcast with eminent ecologists and others in related fields. And there is an episode on Middle Earth flora. I couldn't be happier. Not sure how I didn't know about this...

Cheers.

T.

Ps. Sometimes I forget I've had this blog since 2013. Shocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment