Sunday 31 August 2014

Secrets of the Heath Day 2

Day 2. The last day of the event was great, with much improved weather, but the start of the day was particularly good because I got to listen to Will Lord speak for about 15 minutes just before the Heath event started. At the end he rather generously gave me the top quality arrowhead he made in that time to me. When everyone else had left I of course expressed my gratitude and thanked him for the talk, which was about much more than just flint knapping, but perception of prehistoric reenactors, hunting, understanding nature, primitive man and more. Day 2 was much the same as the first, though I done a lot more paddling in the Eurybia. I did take some time out to go and see the Amphibian and Reptile conservation area and had a chat with a few of the volunteers there. I held a toad and slow worm. I wanted to hold the grass snake, but I didn't have time. So that's the Secrets of the Heath event over. It was an incredible two days.






No comments:

Post a Comment