Sunday 1 June 2014

Hollybank Woods Overnight & Cup Carving

Hello, everyone. Here's a video for my latest overnight trip out with my brother. The main event planned was my next woodcarving project, a drinking cup. It was a pleasant experience carving in the woods and the attempt went rather well and I got more of it carved than I'd hoped. This cup is the most substantial thing I've yet carved. The only downside is the edge of my axe blade has quite a few nicks now, but it still cuts alright. It mustn't have been sharpened very well in the end, however I remember when I sharpened it the edge wasn't too bad. It must have lost the edge quickly upon use. Strange.


I'm still getting the hang of camp cooking, but bigger logs mean less trampling about for more fuel and a more sustainable fire, that I now know. It all went quite smoothly and we left no trace, of course. These videos are always tricky to make as I need to condense quite a lot of footage down to a few minutes, so I hope you enjoy watching it.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment